Nurgle themed Godsworn - Creating the Plaguesworn Hunt

As mentioned in my last post I am planning on having a string of games using the Godsworn Hunt. This Sunday I was lucky enough to get a chance to test them out using some borrowed models (thanks Nick Bayton!). I had an absolute blast playing the four games and came out with one major win and one narrow loss vs Eyes of the Nine, one major loss and one major win vs Steelheart's Champions. At no point in any of these games did I feel like I had no options, the warband is so varied and fast moving they can always do something interesting. When I first saw the models for this warband I had a good chat with Nick about dedicating them to one of the Chaos gods. Nick did an amazing job of making his Godsworn into Slaaneshi cultists but I fancied something a bit... more grimy. Enter Grandfather Nurgle.

An absolute pleasure to use these awesome models in a game!
I used Blightking parts and a little greenstuff to give the warnband a diseased feel and am really pleased with how they turned out. On some of them it is tough to convert the heads due to how they are posed so I went with faceplates in these cases and kept the main part of the models head.
Ollo got a set of mutant arms that fit the dynamic of the model well I think
From the rear I had to do a bit of chopping and use some greenstuff to fit the arms nicely
Grundann had his head removed (scary making that cut!) and replaced by one from a Blightking along with a Nurgle axe from the same set
Jagathra got a faceplate and a new javelin blade. I had to cut her face down and carve out of the back of the mask to get it to fit but I like the Mad Max look
Shond also got the face mask treatment. I considered replacing the sword but its just too cool looking

Theddra's model looks so good without any work being done to her I wanted to be careful not to spoil the posing and lines of the model.
The scythe is such a classic Nurgle weapon and the tentacle with bell makes a nice exchange for her extended arm which just didn't fit the theme I was going for
The bottom of the scythe uses a mace handle to tie in to the top half
Last and most definitely least theres Grawl who got a fly head and some jowls
Bless him he tries
Very early work on the tone I am going for with the warband - the skin on Ollo is about done I think
I am going to try and get some more games in with these guys and paint them up as I go. The plan is to do a dark green on the armour plates, rusted metals and a variety of browns for the cloth and fur with some grey thrown in too. Watch this space  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boards and Swords Hobbies Tournament 30.06.2019

Cursebreakers vs Thorns of the Briar Queen 16.12.18

Leodis Games Tournament 23.02.19