Nurgle themed Godsworn - Painting the Plaguesworn hunt

Apologies for the delay in posts - I have been avidly painting and playing with my Godsworn hunt and absolutely loving it. I will do a gaming post another day but I would highly recommend the warband to anyone who fancies a change of pace in the game.

As for the painting - thats been a blast too and here they are in all their glory
Looking grimy
As you can see I went for some variety in the skin tones with these guys. All of them were basecoated a deserty yellow colour and I did a couple of drybrushes and a thinned wash to get the major skin details nice and clear before highlighting with flayed one flesh. Browns on the cloth were done with rhinox hide then mournfang then scrag with a sharp edge of deathclaw in places and the furs with rhinox followed by doombull and then doombull and bone. The green armour is incubi darkness, waagh flesh, warboss green and then moot green edges with a spot of incubi mixed in to every layer to get the tone right. Metals are done with a stippling method from rhinox to mournfang, scrag, squig orange and then a turquoise thinned wash and a final stipple/edge with stormhost silver. I added some pools of Nurgle's rot to the bases as I didn't think they dry deserts looked quite right for Nurgle's followers. Overall I am pleased with these guys and will continue to use them as my main warband for a while I think. Individual pics below - enjoy 👍


Ollo - painted this guy first going for a bone effect on the bow

Gribbly bits

More gribbly bits and a good shot of the bow

Jagathra with her javelin of doom 
Jagathra again showing the skin tone nicely

Grawl looking manky

A better shot of his fly head here 
The first three fighters complete - this shows Jagathra's faceplate nicely

Shond with his bronze bells, rotten skin and bone sword handle. His helm looks a bit flat here. It is more like Jagathra's in the flesh

Theddra - very happy with her overall look

Grundann who is the most in depth conversion by far and just about pulls it off I think
If you're wondering how I made these guys check out my previous article where you can see them without paint and where the bits came from. Until next time 👌

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boards and Swords Hobbies Tournament 30.06.2019

Cursebreakers vs Thorns of the Briar Queen 16.12.18

Leodis Games Tournament 23.02.19